Hicksville Dentists Share the 5 Top Reasons to Schedule a Dental Cleaning Today
Putting off dental care has become all too common, but the recommendation to see a dentist every six months hasn’t changed. A dental cleaning or cosmetic dentistry appointment in Hicksville can be accomplished safely and efficiently, providing great dental health and a terrific smile. Despite some people’s tendency to put off care, there are many good reasons to see a dentist every six months:
- Removal of built-up tartar and plaque, and evaluation of decay. A Hicksville dentist or hygienist will clean and scrape teeth to remove built-up plaque and accumulated tartar. The dental team can reach places on teeth that can’t be reached at home with brushing and flossing. They will also evaluate teeth for signs of decay or cavities.
- Evaluation of gum health. A dentist or hygienist can evaluate gums to ensure that they’re healthy. Prevention of periodontal disease is important for good oral health, and because it’s difficult to completely reverse major periodontal issues once they begin, regular dental checkups are important. Regular dental visits ensure that warning signs of periodontal disease are noticed and evaluated, and that the disease is caught before it can become a major issue.
- Checking the head and neck for signs of cancer or other health issues. Regular cancer screenings help catch cancer in its early stages, allowing for better survival rates and increased quality of life.
- Performance of emergency procedures. Emergency dentists in Hicksville can treat all types of urgent dental issues, including cavities and broken teeth. Emergency dental issues should be taken care of as soon as possible to prevent further complications arising from exposed teeth. If a dentist identifies a cavity, he or she can quickly fill it, relieving pain and discomfort. Dentists can repair broken teeth using a variety of treatments, restoring the smile and relieving pain.
- Discussion of cosmetic dentistry procedures. A semi-annual dental visit in Hicksville is also a great time to ask a dentist about teeth whitening, dentures, or other cosmetic dentistry procedures:
- Professional teeth whitening treatments erase discolored stains on teeth and brighten the smile. Whitening treatments offered by a Hicksville dentist generally produce faster results than over-the-counter whitening systems, which can help reduce any discomfort from the whitening process.
- Dentures or dental implants help restore smiles and allow for easier speaking and chewing. Many Hicksville residents discover that they look younger with dentures or implants, and have increased self-confidence because of their restored smile.
If a patient is a good candidate for one or more cosmetic procedures, those procedures can be scheduled during the regular dental checkup and cleaning appointment.
Schedule a Cleaning with a Trusted Dentist in Hicksville Today
Regular visits to the dentist over the long term typically mean fewer missing teeth or cavities, and better overall oral health. And, going to the dentist every six months for cleaning and screening is less expensive than fixing a major issue that has gone undetected for months or years. A general or cosmetic dentist in Hicksville can help create a brighter, whiter smile, relieve any tooth pain, and help ensure that teeth and gums are healthy.